November 24, 2016
Category : Announcements
VOTO Mobile HNI’s Technology Partner for the 3-2-1 Service and for all our Interactive Voice Response (IVR) projects.
VOTO provides an innovative and complete service for organizations launching “Mobile for Development” (M4D) projects around the world. VOTO provides technology and expertise to enable citizens’ voices to be heard through mobile polling, M&E and research surveys, and brings services to citizens through mobile education programs and information hotlines. These projects range from Ebola prevention in Ghana, to farmer education in Tanzania, to citizen participation in Afghanistan, to research on smartphone usage in Latin America.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
About the job:
VOTO Mobile frequently needs project managers to run initiatives we are delivering for our partners and clients. The project manager is the leader of implementing a set of solutions and ensuring we help our clients in reaching their goals. You will be broadly responsible for delivering a high quality and impactful project on time and budget.
- Project Management
- Help to establish work plans and deliverables for each project under supervision
- Monitor and contribute to the implementation of these work plans according to the established time lines
- Facilitate trainings and content development workshops as needed
- Assist to recruit, supervise and train staff and consultants needed to meet project objectives, as required
- Supervise qualitative and quantitative research and other field activities
- Partner Management
- Be the primary point of contact for partners as determined by VOTO’s Country Manager
- Provide close assistance to these partners for the effective use of VOTO’s services in the domains of health, agriculture, gender, water and sanitation, and more
- Monitor the implementation of the needs of these partners according to the project objectives
- Inform clients of new services and product improvements
- Solicit and document client feedback, including needs and expectations to inform the ongoing development of VOTO’s offering
- New Business Development
- Represent the organization with donors, Government representatives, consortium partners and clients, as delegated by the Country Manager
- Identify potential partners and clients in the public and private sectors for VOTO services
- Lead the client acquisition process by engaging with these partners and providing demonstrations of VOTO services
- Support the development of new project proposals and budgets in coordination with the VOTO Country Manager
- Seek out strategic partnerships for the improvement of VOTO’s services
- Maintain a database for client relationship management
- At least an undergraduate degree
- Speak Kiswahili
- Experience with project management (ideally with multi-year and multi-stakeholder projects)
- Experience with international development NGOs either as clients or by working for them
- Experience helping individuals in a developing economy (e.g., Sub-Saharan Africa) use a technology,
- ideally one that is phone mobile related (e.g., understand end-user interactions with technology)
- Experience using software or working for a software company (e.g., can learn and master a software technology quickly)
Knowledge & Skills:
- Problem solving – able to understand end-user needs and create and evolve a service that meets them
- Detail oriented and reliable – will always come through on deliverables and client needs as well as quality check work and tasks before they are implemented in order to avoid errors, delays and added costs
- Management skills – oversee a project to keep it on time and budget (while hitting quality deliverables) including sub-contractors and partners
- Mobile engagement knowledge – understand how end users in your geography use their mobile phones and interact with mobile (IVR, SMS, data) content
- Tech savvy – you can understand how to use a technology to benefit end users from a design perspective and you can quickly learn how to actually use a software system yourself to implement the project
- Sector knowledge – ideally you’d know about the sector in which your projects will work, this could be governance, agriculture, health, education or market research
- Entrepreneurship – ready to take a great concept that has not yet been implemented or planned and turn it into a well-defined and impactful service
- Teamwork – sense of humor, flexibility, humility, loyalty and dedication to the team’s goals
VOTO is a tech startup and social enterprise with 30 employees (40% female) and offices in Ghana, Zimbabwe, Kenya, Senegal, India, Canada and the USA. We make it easy for organizations to share information and gather feedback through interactive SMS or voice calls (IVR) in local languages – using mobile to instantly reach across distance, language, and literacy barriers.
Our mission is to increase participation and accountability in the services delivered to citizens, and to empower communities to collect and share information to drive positive social change. VOTO is the only service that integrates incoming and outgoing voice calls, two-way SMS, and analytics into one easy platform to facilitate every possible mobile-based interaction, across multiple countries. Great software isn’t enough: our field staff is continuously learning with our users what it takes to design and deliver effective mobile engagement campaigns.
In less than 24 months, over 300 organizations have used the VOTO platform to reach over 400,000 people across 26 countries. Key partners include the World Bank, UNICEF, Ghana Health Services, Stanford University, Mckinsey & Company, Esoko, Facebook’s Internet.org, MIT, IDEO, Innovations for Poverty Action, FHI360, and Farm Radio International.
Our culture and you:
At VOTO we do everything we can do to set up our team for impact. Count on:
- Supportive team culture
- Investment in your professional development
- Taking the lead on projects you own
VOTO contains an energetic, thoughtful, upbeat team of members from 10+ countries that are passionate about information sharing, feedback loops, and social impact. On our tech team, we use agile development. We build with cutting-edge tools and roll out powerful new software every two weeks. We tap every team member’s creativity to the max, and invest heavily in each other’s skills and development. Our Programs team can be found in offices across the African continent, helping partners to design strong mobile engagement projects and see them through. When they’re not on the road, they’re brainstorming new features based on user feedback. On our Operations team we are running all manner of projects, advising clients on how to best use mobile and talking to end users to better understand their needs and what does and doesn’t work for them.
Sound interesting? Apply now!
Apply with CV and very short cover letter that lets us understand why you’d be interested in working with us (and questions if you have any) to email@example.com.