We’re seeking passionate individuals, regardless of background for our Program Manager position in Madagascar.
Full-time position – Six month contract to begin. Strong possibility to extend.
Mobile technology is revolutionizing how organizations engage with their end users. More than 96% of the world’s population has access to a mobile phone, meaning it is now possible to reach nearly every single person on the planet.
And yet 3 billion people living in emerging markets still lack access to relevant, timely, and engaging information in their local languages, and their voices remain underheard. The organizations that serve them lack the technology and capacity to reach them, and many are unaware of the power of mobile technology to meet their organizational goals.
Human Network International (HNI) and VOTO Mobile are joining forces to catalyze a mobile movement, connecting non-profits, governments, and businesses to the people they serve using the digital technologies they have in their pockets. Our new social enterprise – coming in Quarter 1 2017 –envisions a world where all people have access to the information they need to make decisions for healthy, prosperous lives.
With more than 8 million people reached to-date, we are well on our way to meeting our goal of reaching 100M people by 2021.
We are looking for exceptional individuals to join our fast-growing team. If you are motivated to use your skills to tackle some of the world’s toughest challenges, and do it at a place where you can learn and grow, we want you on our team.
As one of the first employees of our new joint entity, you will be joining more than 100 colleagues working to amplify the voice of the underheard through mobile technology. You will be asked to problem-solve on a daily basis, work to develop yourself and those around you, and help shape a young, ambitious company that is powering a global movement.
About the Role
Under the supervision of the Country Manager, the Program Manager will be in charge of implementing and managing programs, managing clients and partners.
- Help to establish work plans and deliverables for each project under supervision
- Create budget to be submitted to partners following the technical proposal
- In collaboration with the Admin/Fin. focal point, create real budget including real expenses for internal planning
- Monitor and contribute to the implementation of these work plans according to the established timelines
- Facilitate trainings and content development workshops as needed
- Assist to recruit, supervise and train staff and consultants needed to meet project objectives, as required
- Supervise qualitative and quantitative research and other field activities
- Be the primary point of contact for partners as determined by the Country Manager
- Provide close assistance to these partners for the effective use of HNI and VOTO services in the domains of health, agriculture, gender, water and sanitation, and more
- Monitor the implementation of the needs of these partners according to the project objectives, including ensuring proper handoff to other team members (PST, Tech team, 3-2-1 teams)
- Provide demos and inform clients of new services and product improvements
- Solicit and document client feedback, including needs and expectations to inform the ongoing development of HNI and VOTO offerings
- Ensure Client satisfaction
- Be the client’s point of contact after contract is signed
- Liaise with the PST team
Support the growth of other HNI/VOTO products and services
- Raise awareness among stakeholders about the benefits of HNI/VOTO strategies
- Raise awareness among stakeholders about the benefits of HNI/VOTO automated surveys linked to a database of 3‑2‑1 Service callers who have opted in.
- Other duties assigned.
- Experience in multiple project management
- Experience in ICT,
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation
- Degree/Certificate in Economics, Management, Development or a related field
- Excellent French
- Intermediate English: Ability to communicate and collaborate clearly, verbally and in writing.
Team and Reporting Structure
- Reports to the Country Manager (Madagascar Team)
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse web technologies and techniques.
- Fast learner and interested in new technologies
Why Work With Us
Purpose + Ambition
We are solving one of the world’s toughest challenges: connecting organizations to people in low-resource settings in a meaningful, respectful, and equitable way. And we’re doing it at a global scale: We aim to reach 100M unique individuals by 2021, creating a movement of more than 2,000 organizations who are using our products to engage with their end users.
Autonomy + Responsibility
As a young organization, every person on our team plays a critical role in creating the organization they want to work at. Our people work with their managers to create their KPIs and are responsible for meeting their goals with little direct oversight. If something doesn’t exist, it’s because one of us hasn’t created it yet.
As a distributed team, we work extra hard to stay connected. We have virtual parties across 15 time zones, use Slack, Skype, and WhatsApp to collaborate and share internet memes, and have formed rituals that remind us who we are and why each of us does the work that we do.
Who You Are
You are passionate about the potential for technology to create social change, and believe that access to information leads to better decision-making.
You know the challenges of working in emerging markets and are eager to tackle them. You thrive on learning new skills, and are motivated to learn and grow. You are intellectually curious, but also like to roll up your sleeves and get things done.
You want to be a part of building something new, and are looking for a fast-paced, dynamic environment where you can take ownership of your work and be a core part of a global team.
With more than 100 employees and a growth rate of more than 50% each year, we are the largest and fastest-growing mobile engagement provider in Africa and Asia. We have regional offices in Accra, Antananarivo, Mumbai and Washington, D.C, and field offices in more than 15 countries.
3-2-1 is a search engine where there is no internet, enabling individuals to access relevant content in their local language when they need it most.
Canvass, our global survey platform, allows us to call any mobile phone on the planet, collecting real-time quantitative and qualitative data to support better decision-making within organizations and amplify the voice of the underheard.
DataWinners supports organizations and their frontline workers to collect data from remote locations.
InfoLine offers hotlines and interactive messaging campaigns to share critical information and support behavior change communication.
We offer a combination of software development expertise, design insights, and project management. We are trusted by the world’s leading NGOs, foundations, and companies.
Why We Love Working Here
Every day, I get to use my tech skills to help people in communities like the one I grew up in.
– Shirish, Mumbai
I love the commitment and support for staff’s professional growth.
– Jojoo, Accra
I love that we’re an organization that wears ugly Christmas sweaters to hold a global Christmas party across eleven timezones on Skype!
– Adam, Dakar
My favorite moment was witnessing our Partner Success Team in Accra conduct a virtual training for election monitors in Caracas, from my desk in Toronto. There’s no doubt we are a global company!
– Levi, Toronto
There’s rarely a day when I don’t feel like I’m learning something new. It keeps me on my toes and ensures I’m always growing.
– Shamiso, Harare
Send cover letter with proposed salary and CV with at least three references to firstname.lastname@example.org before Friday 12 May 2017.
Sous la supervision du Country manger, le Program manager sera chargé(e) de la gestion de projet, la gestion des relations avec les partenaires et la gestion des clients de HNI.
Lieu de travail
Roles et Responsabilites
Gestion de projet
- Aider à établir des plans de travail et les produits livrables pour chaque projet
- Aider dans la conception des offres techniques et budgétaires
- Aider dans la création et la finalisation des budgets réels de mise en œuvre
- Faire le suivi et contribuer à la mise en œuvre de ces plans de travail en fonction du timeline
- Faciliter les ateliers de formation et de développement de contenu au besoin
- Aider à recruter, superviser et former le personnel et les consultants nécessaires pour atteindre les objectifs du projet
- Superviser la recherche qualitative et quantitative et d’autres activités sur le terrain
Gestion des partenaires
- Etre le principal point de contact pour les partenaires, tel que déterminé par le Country Manager
- Fournir une assistance étroite à ces partenaires pour l’utilisation efficace des services dans les domaines de la santé, de l’agriculture, du genre, de l’eau et de l’assainissement, etc.
- Surveiller la mise en œuvre des besoins de ces partenaires en fonction des objectifs du projet, y compris assurer le transfert approprié à d’autres membres de l’équipe (équipe PST, Technique, équipes 3-2-1)
- Fournir des démonstrations et informer les clients des nouveaux services et améliorations de produits
- Solliciter et documenter les commentaires des clients, y compris les besoins et les attentes, afin d’informer le développement des offres
- Sensibiliser les intervenants sur les avantages des stratégies de diffusion d’information par mobile et des enquêtes automatisées
La gestion des clients
- Assurer la satisfaction du client
- Etre le point de contact du client après la signature du contrat
- Assurer la liaison avec l’équipe PST
- Expérience dans la gestion de projets multiples
- Maîtrise en économie, gestion, développement ou équivalent
- Expérience souhaitée en Suivi Evaluation
- Expérience souhaitée en TIC
- Une volonté de faire ce qu’il faut pour faire le travail, capacité d’adaptation.
- Aptitude organisationnelle démontrée à être multi-tâches, à hiérarchiser et à coordonner
- Capacité de faire face au client ou au partenaire
- Excellente attention aux détails et à la rigueur
- Excellentes compétences en communication orale et écrite
- Travailleur individuel performant
- Excellente capacité de travail en équipe
- Capacité de travailler dans une culture dynamique, collaborative, transparente, non hiérarchique et sans ego, où le talent est valorisé sur un rôle ou un titre
- Excellente maîtrise du français et bonne connaissance de l’anglais (parlé, écrit, lu)
Si vous correspondez à ce profil, veuillez adresser votre dossier de candidature (lettre de motivation avec prétention salariale et Curriculum vitae avec au moins 03 références professionnelles) à l’adresse email email@example.com au plus tard le vendredi 12 mai 2017.